As Maria Robinson said, "No one can go back in time to change the past, but everyone can start over to create a new future".
There's nothing more true than this. But first you have to stop doing things that can stop you on your way to creating a better future.
Here is a list of things you should stop doing:
1. Stop spending time with the wrong people. Life is too short to spend it with people who are bringing you down. If someone wants you in their life, they'll take care of you. You don't have to fight for a place i their heart. Never cling to those who are constantly putting you down. And remember that your real friends are not the ones who support you when you're already happy and successful, but those who stay close when you are not feeling OK.
2. Stop running away from your problems. Meet them face to face. No, it won't be easy. There's no creature in the world that can perfectly take life blows. We are not required to solve all problems instantly. That's just not how we do it. We're designed to be upset, sad, in pain, perhaps even fall many times. That is the point of life - to face problems, to learn, to adapt and eventually to solve them. That's what makes us human.
3. Stop lying to yourself. You can do this to anyone, but not to yourself. Our lives can only improve when we allow ourselves to take risks, and here we have to be honest with ourselves.
4. Stop pushing your needs in the background. The worst part is losing yourself by investing too much energy in loving someone else and forgetting yourself. You don't have to leave others, but you have to help yourself. If there is a suitable moment to hear yourself and do what is really important to you, then this moment has come.
5. Don't try to be somebody you are not. One of the most difficult tasks in life is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else. Someone will always be prettier, someone will always be smarter, and someone will always be younger, but they will never be you. Don't try to change yourself for the joy of people. Be yourself, and those you really need will love you for who you are.
6. Stop holding on to the past. You can't start a new chapter in your life while you're still rereading the previous one.
7. Stop being afraid of making a mistake. Doing something and making a mistake is ten times more effective than doing nothing. Every success bears traces of past failures, and every failure leads to success. In the end, you will regret much more not having tried at all than making a mistake.
8. Stop torturing yourself by thinking about past mistakes. We can love the wrong person and torture ourselves with mistakes, but even if things go wrong, one thing is certain: mistakes help us find the right person and the right things. We all make mistakes. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggle, you have the opportunity to build your future. Whatever happens in your life, it prepares you for another step into the future.
9. Stop trying to buy happiness. Many of those things we want are expensive. But the truth is that the things that really make us happy - love, laughter and working on our feelings - are completely free.
10. Stop looking for someone to make us happy. If you are dissatisfied with yourself and your personality, then a long-term relationship with someone will not make you happier. You need to create stability in your life before you can share it with someone else.
11. Stop overthinking. Don't think too too much, or you'll create problems even where they don't exist. Assess the situation and take decisive action. You can't change what you resist. Any progress is fraught with risk. And that's where the priority is. You can't read a book without learning to read first.
12. Stop thinking you're not ready. No one ever feels 100% ready for anything. Most serious opportunities force us to go beyond our comfort zone, which means we'll feel really uncomfortable.
13. Stop getting involved in a relationship for the wrong reasons. A relationship has to be built wisely. It's better to be alone than in bad company. You don't have to rush into choices. If something has to happen, it will happen - at the right time, with the right person, and on the best grounds. Immerse yourself in love when you are ready, not when you feel alone.
14. Stop giving up on your new relationship just because the previous ones didn't work. Everyone you meet has their goals. Some will test you, some will use you, and some will teach you. But most importantly, some of them will bring out the best in you.
15. Stop competing with everyone. Don't worry that others are more successful than you. Focus on achieving your own daily goals.
16. Stop being jealous. Jealousy is counting other people's achievements and blessings instead of your own. Ask yourself: "Do I really need to have what everyone else has?"
17. Stop complaining and feeling sorry for yourself. The dice of life are being thrown to move you in an important direction. You may not see or understand everything that is going on right now, and it can be painful. But look back at the bad things that have happened to you in the past. You will see that they have often led you to success, an important person, a state of mind, or a situation. Smile! Let everyone know that you are much stronger today than you were yesterday.
18. Stop having grudges. Do not live life with hate in your heart. You'll end up hurting yourself more than the people you hate. Forgiveness doesn't mean "I'm satisfied with everything you've done to me". It means, "I won't let what you've done to me ruin my happiness forever". Forgiveness is a choice to let go, to find peace and to free yourself. And remember that forgiveness isn't just about other people, it's about yourself. If necessary, forgive yourself and move on and try to do better next time.
19. Stop letting others bring you down to their level. Do not lower your standards to match those who refuse to raise them.
20. Stop wasting time explaining yourself. Your friends don't need the explanations, and your enemies won't believe you anyway. Just do what you really think is right.
21. Stop running around in circles. The time to take a deep breath comes when you don't have time for it. As long as you keep doing what you do, you keep getting what you get. Sometimes you have to distance yourself to see everything in the true light.
22. Stop neglecting the little things in life. Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and discover that they were great things. The best part of your life consists of small unnamed moments, such as giving a smile to someone who is really important to you.
23. Stop trying to make everything perfect. The real world rewards not perfectionists, but those who strive to achieve their goals.
24. Stop following the path of least resistance. Life is not so easy, especially if you plan to achieve something great. Don't choose the easy path. Do something extraordinary.
25. Stop pretending everything's okay if it isn't. It's okay if you relax for a while. You don't always have to be strong, and there's no need to constantly prove that everything's going well. There is no need to worry about what others will think - cry if you need it: tears heal and cleanse our soul. The sooner you do it, the faster you can smile.
26. Stop blaming others for your problems. Achieving your dreams depends directly on how much responsibility you take for your life. When you blame others for what happens to you, you give up responsibility and give others power over that side of your life.
27. Stop trying to be everything for everyone. It's impossible, you'll just burn yourself out. But if you give joy to one person, it can change their world. So focus on it.
28. Stop worrying too much. Anxiety will not save us from future difficulties, it will only save us from today's joy. One way to check if something is worth thinking about is to ask yourself, "Will it matter important in a year? Three years? Five years?" If it won't, it's not worth worrying about.
29. Stop focusing on things you don't want. Focus on what you really want. Positive thinking is one of the keys to a great success. If you wake up every morning thinking that something beautiful is going to happen in your life today, sooner or later you will notice that you were right.
30. Stop being ungrateful. No matter how good or bad your business is, wake up every day and thank for your life. Someone's desperately fighting for theirs somewhere right now. Instead of thinking about what you don't have, try to think about what you have and what others have lost.
We also offer psychological and life coaching consultation services online.
If you want to schedule your session, click the button below.
YOU CAN ALSO SUPPORT OUR WORK THROUGH PAYPAL